Activating a new Osper card is quick, simple and lets you use the card straight away. The parent or guardian who ordered the card will need to do the activation, and needs to have:
Activating a new Osper Card
To activate the card, simply follow the steps below;
- If not done already, download the Osper app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the Osper app and tap the Activate a Card button.
- Log in with;
If you may have forgotten your password and need to reset just click here.
- Email Address - this is the email address you signed up with and where we sent the Confirm Your Email Address email to
- Password - this is the password you entered when you first ordered the Osper card. It will be at least 6 characters long and have one capital letter and one number in it.
- On the next screen tap the Let’s get started button
- Enter in your mobile number, we’ll text a code to this number to make sure it’s you
- You can then add your debit card. On the next screen enter in your debit card details. It must be a UK Visa or MasterCard Debit card (not credit or prepaid) with at least £1 available.
- If any of the details are red, it means that it’s not typed in quite right. Double check that you’ve got all the detailed entered correctly.
- The expiry date need to be in month-month and year-year format; for example July 2018 will be 07 / 18.
- The CVV is the last 3 digits on the signature strip on the back of the card.
- You can then go on to set up the young person’s account. This is what they will use to log into Osper on their phone or tablet, letting them see their transactions and PIN number.
- The username needs to be unique, if another user has that username and isn’t available it will show red. If this happens try a different username instead.
- If the young person doesn’t have an email address or mobile number just leave these fields blank. Don’t put your own email address or telephone number in again as this will cause an error.
- Enter in how you would like to appear when you give money to the young person, for example as ‘Mum’ or ‘Dad’.
- Decide if you want the young person to be able to use their Osper Card online for things like Xbox, iTunes, Amazon and so on. You can turn this off and on at any time by logging into the Osper app.
- Enter in the numbers and letters from the back of the Osper card. This is the 8 digit number and 3 letters in the top right of the back of the Osper card.
- Decide if you want to set up an automatic allowance for the young person. Automatic allowances will pay a regular amount to the young person every month on the 1st of the month. At the moment it’s not possible to change the allowance day, although we hope to do that in future. You can skip this step by pressing ‘Skip for now’
- Load money on to the Osper Card now for the Young Person to use. You can load any amount from £5 to £100, or can skip this step by pressing the Skip for now button.
- You can view the PIN number for this card by pressing the View PIN button. The PIN number can also be seen at any time by either the parent or young person by simply logging into the Osper App and selecting ‘PIN Reminder’.
- The Osper card is now fully set up and can be used instantly!
The username and password you set up for the young person lets them log in to Osper, view balances and see transactions, but not load any money.