Osper savings is a new feature in the app which allows you to save up for something by creating a ‘savings goal’. Even if you’re not saving for anything in particular you can move money from your Osper balance to your savings and keep it separate from you spendable balance.
Setting up a Savings Goal
To set up a savings goal just follow these steps:
- Log in as the young person and tap Osper Savings in the menu.
- Tap +Add a savings goal and then select whether you are saving for something specific or are just saving!
If you are saving for something specific follow the below instructions;
- Tap Yes when you are asked whether you are saving for something specific.
- Type in what you are saving for e.g. New Jumper.
- Enter how much it costs e.g. £15.
- Choose if you’d like to save each week, you can enter the amount or if you don’t want to save each week you can select not to!
- You have created your Savings Goal! You can add money straight away or you can skip if you’re not sure how much you want to put in just yet.
If you are just saving follow the instructions below;
- Tap no, I’m just saving when if asked if you are saving for something specific.
- Slide the bar until you reach the amount you’d like to save.
- After you have confirmed how much you’d like to save in total, you can select how much you’d like to save every week or just tap I don’t want to save every week.
- You have created your savings goal! You can add money straight away by pressing Add money to goal
Yes, once the money has been moved into your Osper Savings the money is locked away from your spendable balance. So if you have money in Osper Savings but not on your Osper Card balance, your card will be declined until you move some money back to your Osper Card.
Is the money in Osper Savings blocked from being spent?
If you need help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the in-app chat and we will happily help with any questions you may have.